Biological dentists are very
concerned about the materials used in dental fillings
and appliances and the safety of root canals. They
also pay close attention to the impact a toxic material
or a hidden infection in the oral cavity has on other
areas and systems in the body.
Perhaps the strongest reason a
dentist has to become a Biological Dentist is his
concern about the implantation of mercury in patients
mouths. Many patients are finding that their
mercury-silver fillings have been slowly releasing
quantities of mercury that their bodies are not able to
handle. The constant flow of mercury from the fillings
in their mouth of some patients results in a weakened
immune system that loses its ability to fight off
chronic degenerative diseases. In addition, to
place the amalgam the tooth has to be carved out. This
weakens the tooth and increases the chances it may crack
in the future.
Metal fillings can also cause
other problems with the central nervous system and the
brain from the electric current that fillings of
different metal materials can generate in the mouth.
These different metals when moistened by the saliva
become a small battery that generates electricity
that can cause interference with the body's natural
Did you know that the term "mad
hatter" in Alice in Wonderland was from actual
hat makers. In the 1800's hat makers became poisoned by
the mercury they rubbed onto the felt material.
These poor people, after working for some years making
hats from mercury impregnated felt would become ill and
mentally disturbed and then have to quit their jobs.
They literally went crazy. Many people that wore
those hats also became ill.
Fortunately, today there are many
less toxic options to mercury-silver amalgam fillings
for your teeth. The perfect dental filling
material does not exist. The materials currently
available are gold or ceramic inlays, and a wide variety
of composite resins and acrylic plastics. These
materials require a higher degree of skill and technique
than amalgam fillings. Composite fillings are
glued in place with a glue that actually strengthens the
tooth. If a composite filling needs repair or has
worn down the entire filling does not need to be
replaced as is the case with amalgam. The color of
the composite fillings can be matched to your teeth
producing a natural, healthy look.
Many people who choose to have
their amalgam removed report that they feel better as
soon as the less toxic material has replaced the old
amalgam filling. The likely explanation for this
is that the low energy electrical current flow has been
stopped, thus relieving the patients particular problem.
Biological dentists exercise
extreme care when removing amalgam fillings on several
levels. The fillings that generate the higher
electrical current need to be removed first.
Proper care and equipment is needed to minimize the
amount of mercury that ends up in a patient's body
during the removal of the amalgam. A nutritional
regimen that is designed to help eliminate mercury from
the body can be implemented for sensitive patients who
experience symptoms during or immediately after removal
of the amalgam. If mercury poisoning is severe
chelation therapy may be employed to eliminate the
mercury and other metals from the patient's body.
One of modern dentistry's
strangest aspects is the fact that when mercury-silver
fillings are removed from a patient's mouth they are
considered hazardous waste by the EPA. Removed
mercury-silver amalgam fillings must be stored under
water in a special container. disposal can only be
by designated hazardous waste processors. A
dentist's operating room does not have carpeting.
Carpets around the dental chair are against regulations
because they can contaminate the entire office.
Sensitivity to any poison varies
with each individual. This includes mercury.
Mercury impacts the immune system, the central nervous
system, the thyroid gland and other systems. It is
the most dangerous poison that is not radio-active.
Only Uranium-235 is more deadly than mercury.